We are currently seeking an experienced Logistics Manager who would be responsible for managing the corporate transportation functions of the company. The ideal candidate will be a highly trained supply-chain expert who has a track record of successful project or program management. We are looking for someone who is an outstanding communicator, exceptional leader, and even better strategist. The person who fills this role will be responsible for managing the Traffic Department. This operational position includes managing the day to day transportation functions, direct supervision of the Traffic Assistant, and indirect monitoring of the companies Shipping and Receiving departments.
- Conduct carrier-pricing reviews and bid procedures to insure the continued use of quality companies at market competitive prices.
- Negotiate all transportation rates, contracts, and arrangements with motor carriers and rail to obtain and insure optimum service at minimum cost.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day shipping activities from all branch locations.
- Assign, review, and direct the branch shipping supervisors on the proper application of selected motor carriers and lane assignment.
- Responsible for managing, motivating, teaching and training the Traffic Assistant.
- Monitor all carrier rate publications to insure their accuracy and protect the interests of the company.
- Monitor the accuracy of the outsourced freight payment service, which is responsible for auditing, and payment of our motor carrier and rail freight bills.
- Oversee the Credit Return and Field purchases to insure the accuracy and timeliness of pick-ups as well as the freight consolidation efforts that help reduce costs.
- Oversee Freight Damage Claims to insure that they are properly and expediently filed with the carriers. Monthly follow up to insure proper collections of the outstanding claims.
- Trace and follow up procedures for in-transit shipments via truck, rail or intermodal.
- Manage and maintain Freight rate tables and provide accurate freight rate quotes to Sales and Purchasing for all direct shipping and mill locations.
- Select outside warehouse facilities for storage, handling, and re-delivery of company products. Conducts warehouse negotiations and maintain resulting warehouse contracts.
- Keep abreast of Federal and State Transportation Regulations.
- Maintain shipping records and Carrier files (Insurance Certificates-Rate Tariffs).
- Monitor carrier safety ratings through our “Safer Watch” monitoring system.
- Facilitate quarterly “Transportation Task Force Meetings”
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management or the equivalent in specialized training.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/distribution/transportation environment.
- Must have demonstrated strong skills in negotiating with various transportation companies and vendors
- A working knowledge of laws and regulations governing transportation.
- Strong supervisory skills are important.
- Work on Logistic projects which impacts overall corporate strategy and transportation cost controls.
- Proficient use of Excel, Word, and other PC applications.
Benefits: We offer stability, a rewarding career, attractive base salary, a great benefits package including:
- Dental & Vision
- Matching 401k
- Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
- Onsite gym.
- and much more.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for North America’s largest converter and distributor of printing and packaging paper.
Come to our location and fill out an application today!
Apply in person between Monday - Friday 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at our location:
Roosevelt Paper Company 1 Roosevelt Dr. Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054